This no-bake version is creamy and easy to swallow. Just like ice-cream! I like the addition of kiwis which makes this cheesecake easy to finish! Oops… fattening I know… :p
Adapted from Strawberry creme fraiche cheesecake. I have only 250g creme fraiche to start with.
- 100g McVities digestive biscuits
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese
- 250g Crème Fraîche
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 Kiwis (slice / cube)
- Crush the biscuits in a plastic bag using a rolling pin (I find this method easier, quieter and no clean-up needed 😉 ) and add melted butter until well combined. Pour into the base of a 8″ round, loose-bottomed cake tin (Using Kaiser Springform Pan), pressing down well. Allow to chill.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cream cheese and Crème Fraîche until thick and smooth then whisk in the vanilla extract and sugar. Roughly chop the kiwis and stir in. Spoon over the biscuit base and chill well.
- Slice the remaining kiwis and arrange on top. Serve chilled.