Baked Madeleines again! 😀
Simply have to try with my new silicon madeleine mould! Got it at S$22.20 after 30% discount at Creative Hands, Harbourfront Centre.
This time I tried coffee ones by substituting matcha powder with coffee and cocoa powder in this recipe.
My notes are in bracket 🙂
Matcha Madeleines – Yields 12 (But, I had 18 big ones and 40 small ones! :x)
100g sugar (Reduced to 80g)
1 tbsp honey
100g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp matcha (means Green tea powder here. I used decaffeinated espresso powder from illy’s cos I don’t drink coffee. Also added 1 tbsp of cocoa powder… hehe…)
– Sift flour, baking powder and matcha
– Preheat oven to 170ºC
– Melt butter in microwave
– Grease and lightly flour Madeleine cavities.
1. Whisk eggs till smooth.
2. Add honey and sugar. Whisk again.
3. Add flour and matcha. Use spoon to fold in the mixture.
4. Add melted butter and fold again.
5. Fill each cavity till just below the rim.
6. Bake at 170ºC for 10 – 15 min. (I used 12 min in a convection microwave oven. The madeleines had crispy exterior with cake-like texture inside. Small ones are even crispier if you bake using the same duration.)
Have fun baking!